The clocks go forward an hour and all of a sudden everything changes. The evenings are immediately lighter. The days seems longer. The dawn chorus starts a little later and this stunning weather we're having in the UK means the birds are singing with gusto. Early morning sharp sunlight draws the eye to colour, picks up patterns and throws beautiful shadows. Magical.

11 comments:
Beautiful photos - longer hours of daylight are very welcome.
Such lovely photos. I absolutely adore fritillaries but hardly ever see them round here.
Beautiful photographs, Lesley.
I'm not enjoying getting up in the dark in the morning, but I am relishing the lighter evenings. The dawn chorus is delightful, unless you get the tuneless one squawking outside your window while you're trying to sleep. We have a robins' nest in our back garden, and listening to those little ones calling for Mum and Dad (and dinner) is lovely. I keep on telling Grant to stop talking so I can hear them.
x
Nothing beats that first thing in the morning "inspection" of the garden on a sunny spring morning, does it? That lovely cool air and then the sunshine - magical. Lovely photos, especially that second one of the Fratillary.
Gorgeous shots!! Are the snake head fritillaries in your garden? I've only ever seen them once. Must go back to that lane and see.
Beautiful shots! Hope this weather lasts!
Fab photos Lesley. It's all to easy to lose touch with blogging when there is so much else to see and do isn't it? Enjoy what remains of the spring weather - I gather it will be cloudy and cooler at the weekend! It will come hard after this wonderful spell won't it?
Thank you all for your comments. It seems we're all enjoying the Spring! In answer to Annie's question, yes, these little snakes- head fritillaries are part of a large patch of them we have in the garden. Like everything else at present they are performing their hearts out. I hear snow is forecast for next week... what!!
Aren't snakeshead fritillaries unbelievable? A chequerboard flower - they don't like my chalky soil, so I have to admire them from afar.You have captured them beautifully.
You really feel spring has arrived when the clocks go forward. The weather has been glorious but I guess we mustn't get too carried away however I've sown some seeds in situ - we'll have to see how they get on!
Beautiful photos Lesley - just stunning.
Jeanne
x
Beautiful fritillary photographs? I suffer from displacement activity syndrome too!!
Post a Comment