The prints have started to arrive for the print exchange. Fiona's got here from Queensland in five days flat. On the same day I received a Christmas card posted locally five months ago, so you have to admire the Australian postal service. Jane's arrived yesterday and I can already see the creative ways and means we are all approaching the print with. I am mailing Fiona's prints with mine in the UK so I will not be spoiling the surprise here by showing anything. Suffice to say, if the two I've already received are anything to go by, I need to make sure mine are up to scratch, especially as I suggested it. No pressure then....
I've just finished the first pull of my idea today, having to do a few more to get enough that I was happy with and I just started to play then with old plates just to use up ink. This is an old collagraph plate I'm very fond of printed using the inks on the slab. The fact that same thing can look so different like this is one of the reasons I love printmaking. All I have to do now is wait for mine to dry and then get them sent out. I am so looking forward to having a collection of original prints from such talented people!
7 comments:
Yes, the colours on those two prints from the same plate are amazing,aren't they. Really looking forward to seeing your print and the others'.
Looking forward to seeing your print! Nervous about mihough.ne
Ooops... my words seem to have got muddled! Meant to say "Nervous about mine though"
Catching up with you.......
Rainbows are just so magical, aren't they? They always bring a child-like wonder to the world.
Looking forward to seeing the prints you receive. Loving the colours and textures in the bottom photo.
I love the prints from the collagraph, my prints will be posted at the end of the week... it's exciting!
Great textural effects from your collagraph Lesley. Looking. Forward to seeing them all.
This is looking pretty wonderful to me Lesley - not sure where you will end up, but I know it will be good. I have so enjoyed this exchange; I collected three in the mail this week - yippee!
Post a Comment