I have mentioned that we might be moving before now.... but, after a foray into other parts of the country to look at properties etc we realised what a special place we live in already. Interest in our house, and our garden in particular, served to remind me how much work has gone into it. I don't want to let others reap the reward of our hard work so we're staying put for a few years yet. Besides, there's more to be done here and we still have plans for change which include a wildlife pond or a bog garden.
As if to say thank you, the garden has gone into overdrive. It looks stunning at the moment, full of colour and texture. These opium poppies were sown over a year ago and I thought they had disappeared altogether but all of a sudden they are flourishing. The gorgeous blood red one above came from seeds sent to me by the lovely Jill of Third Age Musings. It is so rich but it has to compete with a mass of this Lauren's Grape poppy that are growing up and through the cotinus bush. It looks like shot silk. Just beautiful. I shall be collecting seed and suspect I'll have a ton of it so I'll be passing some on to friends. Some might be combined with my 500th post giveaway. Somehow I seem to be on post number 502 so have overshot the target a bit but will be posting a give away next time!
10 comments:
I see what you mean about those silky petals. From what you've expressed here, I think that you and yours are wise to stay a bit where you are, and enjoy all that you've set in motion there.
I don't always leave a message, but do want you to know how much I enjoy visiting here. xo
Beautiful post. Love the poppies particularly the dark one. So glad you're staying there's nowhere like Pembrokeshire. We've cruised through some beautiful parts of the UK but know that when we have to give up cruising Pembrokeshire is the only place we would want to be. I always look forward to your next post. X
I managed to send the first one twice, sorry.
Where you live would be hard to leave I know! Glad you have come to a decision and will now be able to settle back into your beautiful home and garden. I was thinking of you recently when one of youyr poppies was in bloom here!
We considered moving but are now staying put, too. Those poppies are beautiful.
The poppies are gorgeous. Whenever we consider moving or downsizing we always end up deciding to stay put for a few more years.
Gorgeous photographs as usual Lesley. It's quite a decision whether to move or not, especially if you really love where you live already. Pembrokeshire is wonderful, I would move there like a shot! Steph
Those colours would make me stay! I think we get attached to places and even tho we begin feel tugs or the need to wander; once we begin to explore, we realise all that we have right here. Or at least when I've been tempted to think boy moving I have come to realise how special home is. Sometimes its good to be reminded like that. I hope you continue to enjoy your home and your garden and make more wonderful additions to the place.
Only one poppy appeared this year, in a row of shallots! I think I must have been too careful scattering the seeds, I didn't want to be overwhelmed with them. Next year I must just throw them everywhere.
Post a Comment