Since my last post, the news is that I got onto the A level Photography course and started this week. Needless to say there are a good few decades between me and the other students.... approximately 4.... but so what? I am hoping they will teach me something and not the other way around for a change. Being the student in a proper classroom (and not a workshop) situation is something of distant memory but I am hoping it will be both challenging and fun all at the same time!
Whilst a lot of the course will focus on analogue and darkroom activity I am trying to bring myself right into the 21st century and finally use my mobile phone more for photos. Heaven knows I don't use it for communication! I don't even know the number for it . I am a real grumpy old woman when it comes to mobile technology and the whole realm of new social media so I have set up an Instagram page for using with the mobile as I recognise the need to get with it all somehow.
I still took my camera out with me this morning for a walk around Nolton Haven and Newgale and didn't once give a thought to the phone in my bag so I can't put these on Instagram and suspect I'll eventually have two different things going that will look like they're not used by the same person but it all has to start somewhere. I am here if you want to see what I've done so far. It's not a lot but it's a start.





7 comments:
I am sure you will love the course and how good it is to be with younger people sometimes too to get a different point of view. Love these photos they are really great. Have just realised that the fourth one is of the same area as the last one and I am guessing is horizontal rather than vertical as I had first thought. A pathway? I did pop over to see where you were and loved those photos too especially the indigo and white one - is that solar printing or some other technique? Do let us know how you get on with the course if you get a moment to spare won't you?
I'm so pleased you got onto the course Lesley, I'm sure you will love it. Now off to follow you on Instagram!
I'll pop over and follow you on Instagram.
I seem to have neglected my blog and rarely use my camera ... I use my iPad to photograph thing at home and iPhone when out and about. I no longer take my camera when travelling abroad,. How things change! Looking forward to reading about your adventures on the course.
Loved what you said about your mobile phone, I don't know my number either. But I have started instagram too and am enjoying it, because it is quick to do. Lovely photos, enjoy your course.
Beautiful photos. Glad you managed to get on the course, something I would love to do,perhaps when we eventually give up our nomadic life. I can get on with my smartphone but am often baffled by my bridge camera, the instructions aren't very helpful. We had a heron perch on the top of our boat the other day, preening itself, even stayed while we cast off and started to cruise off. He stayed for a couple of hundred yards. My phone camera was the only thing to hand. Looking forward to seeing how you get on on your course even though I think you already take wonderful photos.
Lesley, I'm with you when it comes to 'phones, mainly because I don't actually want to be available to be contacted during every waking hour: I know several other grumpy women who feel similarly!
I have an Instagram account which is less Instagram and more Plodagarm, and I don't mind this. I use my camera when out and about, edit the images I want to use on my computer, email them to myself and load them onto Instagram using my iPad. This seems long winded but I limit the amount I put on; I have a tendency to unfollow those who flood Instagram, I prefer the mysterious approach!
I may one day get a smartphone, who knows.
Very good news about the course, you will really enjoy it!
Steph x
Never!
In Seventh-Heaven,
you never get the
same for eternity...
Post a Comment