I am always trawling around looking for artists who work with alternative photographic processes. As a natural dyer I love both indigo and woad so I guess it's no surprise I'm drawn to anything blue! In fact blue and rust is a favourite colour combination in any work I do - isn't it amazing how we work unconsciously on themes?
Anyway,today I found
Martha Madigan, who has worked with cyanotypes since the 1980's, developing her work more these days into solar photograms. I picked a couple of 'traditional' type prints to show. They remind me of some prints in an old gardening book I found that I was going to collage, alter and make thermofax screens from. I am just drawn to the graphic images.


But I love these leaf pictures as well. Imagine the hours spent in collecting, designing, placement and processing. They are fascinating to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment