Monday, 28 September 2009

Another Sue Brown Masterclass


I went off to Hampen Factory this weekend for a Non Toxic Etching course with my friend Sue Brown. We were experimenting with a technique that Sue has developed herself using gum arabic transfers safely etched onto aluminium plates. By her own admission it can be a serendipitous adventure but as her work (above) shows, it is a wonderful technique when all goes according to plan. Sue kindly let us use her own own photographic images which she'd photocopied but the others, who all lived locally, got some photocopying done and brought their own on the second day. I was happy to use what was on offer, all the time thinking about the images I have here at home that I can use. I shall have another go this week and see how I get on. There are a lot of stages to remember and quite a few variables which will effect the outcome but the results are worth it. There were four of us on the course and with apologies for the photography this is my mini gallery of our efforts this weekend.
Sue

Ellen


Charlotte

And finally, one of mine.
Thanks Sue!




No comments: