Friday, 4 September 2009

Believe it or not, I've been busy...

It seems ages since I wrote a post but I honestly have been busy doing things! There's been lots of travelling to visit my Mum who's not too well and a lady I know gave me masses of fabric - and I mean, masses. She offered it to me and I said yes, I'd take it - little knowing she meant rolls of the stuff- enough to set up a market stall with! Then her friend asked what I would do with it and asked if I would use it to make items for sale by the charity she works with.

The charity is Combat Stress and it helps troops who come home and get invalided out of the army with PTSD and other problems which mean they struggle to cope with civilian life. Sadly, her own son came home from Iraq, could not cope with the change of life and became a heroin addict. Consequently I have been making bags, cushion covers and peg bags until they've come out of my ears. I've not even made a slight impression in the fabric mountain but I cannot give up, especially as she has already sold lots of what I've made. Once I've made a commitment to do something I always follow through.

So, printmaking has been a bit on hold but I've made a few more plates and I've printed some of my pebbles. I've also printed them on a long sheet of paper which I carefully measured off in sections. Once the ink is dry I will score it and fold it into an accordion book. Before I do that I'm thinking about whether I want to add any text so I'll post a few photos if I achieve my aim with it.

In the meantime, back to the sewing machine......

No comments: