
I was reading an interview with Lynne Truss today of 'Eats, Shoots and Leaves' and 'Talk to the Hand' fame. One of her prized possessions is a piece of work by Charlotte Cory, a Victorian family photo with the heads changed by superimposing images of stuffed animals on their shoulders. So, I had a look for more pieces and found the camera working spoonbill. Now, this is one of my current 'obsessions' so I had to post it. I chose one more but I'm not sure whether I like them or not. Could be my aversion to all things 'rodent like' athough she uses all sorts of creatures to great effect so I could have chosen many more.There are loads to see over at the Rebecca Hossack Gallery again and there is an exhibition on currently. See what you think.

2 comments:
If you like these you will love Mechanical Brides of the Uncanny by Ken Sanders, really worth a google. XXX
Sue,
You're right! This chap was ahead of his time but the idea is exactly the same. What imagination! Thanks for the info.
Post a Comment