Saturday, 27 August 2011

Taking Flight 12

I've spent some time in recent weeks decluttering and being ruthless with 'stuff' I have accumulated in my workshed. Amongst things to go were a pile of redundant prints - left over samples from classes and workshops that were not that good at all. As I was about to put them in the bin I thought perhaps I could chop them up into pieces and collage them to make cards. So, I did that. I made about 30 cards and came to a halt. By this time a few of my fellow Postman's Knock chums had already posted about making the final card in the series - their own take on their own theme. Well, I was going to pass but I had lots of prints that I did on a linocutting course that were bird related. I had copied the cover illustration of a book I had for practice but I cannot ever get a clean line with lino so as far as I am concerned they were useless. Well, I stuck them all together and folded the pages and made them into two small books. One is the right size for Postman's Knock so I made it into my 12th 'card'. I only used bits and pieces for collage that were within reach of my desk i.e other scraps just lying around and this is my offering for the final challenge. Nothing bears close scrutiny but it is a way of using up old things and it kick starts another idea that I've now started working on. I think I can finally put 'Taking Flight' to bed and I've had a clear up at the same time. Job done!


















10 comments:

Joanna said...

Brilliant! I'm loving your take of your own theme - those birds look fab. I like the 'Blackbird singing.....' text, looks great next to your birds.

Well done you for completing a 12th card, I have yet to come up with an original idea for mine!

xx

Anna Mavromatis said...

I am so glad you kept all those lino prints; I love them and I love what you've done with them.
(It seems we are on similar pile search and find modes...?)
xox

Lucy Caitlin Higham said...

Such fantastic cards and prints! I just love the bird theme and ideas!
Lucy xxxxx

Gina said...

That's beautiful Lesley. I feel a bit left behind with this twelfth card.

Jane Housham said...

Those are beautiful, Lesley. I love the colour palette and also the idea of giving new life to 'rejects'. Gorgeous.

Jill said...

Fabulous 'card' Lesley. Wish my 'scraps' had so much potential, or perhaps it is all in the eye of the beholde!

menopausalmusing said...

You "did right" to keep them. Lovely colour palettes... and also another keepsake re the PK project. You little star! :O))))))))

Chrissie said...

You make me laugh with your 'rejects'... love them!

Fiona Dempster said...

I really like your lino cuts Lesley - and what a wonderful clean up. My clean up results are far more likely to be binned that turned into something fabulous - so well done you!

Anna said...

Clever you to produce dear little books, a lovely idea!