One thing leads to another. I see a wonderful image on
Fiona's latest blog post. It reminds me to look again at
another blog I found recently. There I read in my pigeon French about calligraphic artist Massimo Polello. A search unearths a wonderful video. If you love making marks watch and enjoy.It makes me want to mix up my indigo grains into an ink and make delicious tracery with it. The pens, the brushes, the inks and the sketchbook all beckon. For no other reason other than the delight in the shapes we can make with the simplest materials.
Massimo Polello - Latest Works 2010 from Photophilla on Vimeo.
6 comments:
Quite THE most wonderful film you have found for us yet.......... As you say: sheer joy watching the mark making, from the skilfull fluidity of the brush made marks to the wonderful spattering of the Gerald Scarfe type ones..... A lovely start to my day, Lesley.
I really enjoyed the sheer sense of process -- and even just seeing all his pens and brushes and so on. Thanks for that.
So beautiful!
His works, the "ingredients", the music...
Thank you for posting this and making my day's start so special!!!
xox
I loved the flow and the twist and flick of a wrist that produced such beautiful lines. Another jewel Lesley.
what a beautiful clip - I loved the big sloppy brushes and the scratchy pens
Beautiful, beautiful. I was mesmerised and inspired - thank you so much for sharing.
Post a Comment