Sunday, 18 November 2012

Whitesands

Well we went for that walk to Whitesands beach but stopped in St Davids first, where I bumped into some people I knew and you know how it is.... we got chatting... and by the time we got to the beach it was getting to be late afternoon. It was bitterly cold and although it doesn't look like it here, the beach was full of dogs, their owners and even some hardy swimmers in the sea. I was too beguiled by the light and the reflections to walk too far. I was rooted to the spot watching stripes of colour, light and shade emerge. How I wish I could capture the essence of those moments in paint or words.......






13 comments:

Sue Brown said...

I can hear Acca Bilk (sp) in the back ground! XX

Anna Mavromatis said...

Incredible images!
Thank you.

Patricia G said...

Fab photos! What a great sky, and reflection - double result! Thank you for sharing.

Marigold Jam said...

What lovely pics. Can feel the chill of the wind though!

Jill said...

Beautiful images Lesley, I love the silvery gold light if you know what I mean.

menopausalmusing said...

You caught them! I laughed at Sue's comment............

Gloria Freshley Art and Design said...

These are exquisite images, Lesley! Thank you for taking the time to capture them and post them!

Gina said...

You've captured the essence of the moment in your photos Lesly. They are stunning.

Jane Housham said...

So beautiful. I honestly think photography is the very best medium to capture a scene like this so you've done it. Perfection.

Joanna said...

Absolutely stunning photographs, I can so understand your desire to catch the beauty of the moment and you've done it!

x

Jennifer said...

Such amazing photos! I can hear the tinkling of the water as it washes up on the sand.

Chrissie said...

wonderful photos and I loved the leafy ones in your last post too - we've been spending every dry weekend leaf-gathering, so nearly done! looking forward to seeing your print experiments.
Chrissie x

Liz Davidson / Artist Notebook said...

I am so glad you decided to go for a walk on the beach, even tho it was bitterly cold. I need this , thanks you so much and I think you have captured it perfectly