The post I wanted to share today has been thwarted by issues that Blogger has with uploading photos so I want to share something else instead. The quote below from poet Mary Oliver is one I found somewhere a few weeks ago and scribbled down. I did that because she has managed,yet again, to put into words a call to action that I need to register personally. I then found the following video
here earlier, and it seemed that the two things are sort of saying the same message in essence.Words to revisit and take heed of in the months ahead.
'The most regretful people on earth are those who felt the call to creative work; who felt their own creative power restive and uprising , and gave it neither power nor time'
Ira Glass on Storytelling from
David Shiyang Liu on
Vimeo.
8 comments:
Yes, yes, yes!! YES! Perfect, really, really right!!! XXX
Such wise words!
Indeed! How many years though?!!
THANK YOU!!! I need to read that every day.
yes, just keep making.
Wonderful....... and apart from the message, the way the film was put together is totally entrancing. I have watched it over and over and love its playfulness and of course, good taste!
So, so, so true, but how long to close the gap?
Oh well, no excuses now then! As usual you've found just the right thing at the right time!
Happy New Year to you and Roy
Chrissie
Post a Comment