Every year since I started this blog I've written about the RSPB/Birdlife campaign to save the albatross. It's a campaign I support in a simple way by sending in my used postage stamps. So many people now save them for me that my packages have to go with more frequency. Today I packed up everyone's Christmas stamps to send off and finding this film trailer the other day only re-inforced that whilst it might not seem much, every action counts. Some images in this trailer made me so sad. To see a young bird, dead, from eating plastic waste is heartbreaking. Parts of it made me want to look away but we created this situation and it's hard not want to find whoever dumped this material and make them pay.
MIDWAY : trailer : a film by Chris Jordan from Midway on Vimeo.
3 comments:
A cause close to my own heart; when I was teaching I started a Save the albatross campaign with my class of 7 and 8 year olds. I'd taken 6 weeks unpaid leave to visit Will in New Zealand and saw these wonderful birds close up. I showed them a similiar film which was sad and very moving (I hoped no parents would object!)and we saved stamps to send to the RSPB and did a lovely project about NZ, ignoring the curriculum for a while!
A truly harrowing film Lesley.....
Typing this with a heavy heart. I have some stamps to send...
Post a Comment