Friday, 14 March 2014

Workshop endeavours....

 Well today's workshop has come and gone in a blur.... watching hands folding, creasing, glueing and assembling at the speed of light. A slight exaggeration maybe but today's group excelled themselves with the number of folded variation samples they made. I do tend to throw in the kitchen sink and expect them to take it all in and, as usual, they rose to the challenge. This time I also took some old books and rubber stamps to add a bit of collage and content into the mix. I love the way that a random mix of items can furnish someone with the means to make a book and I like seeing what elements appeal to different people. Some enjoyed the maps, others the old book pages and old magazines. The wallpaper samples are always a hit too so I must share what they have created. This is a fraction of their output but gives a flavour of the day, starting at the top with a selection of items by Halina.
 Maggie, working on a theme of black and white
 Margaret practicing lotus folds in all their shapes and sizes
 Anne exploring signature folds prior to maps folds
 Peter creating a lotus fold book using collage and stamp elements.....
 ... and being brave enough to join a room full of excitable women all engaged in creativity and chat!
 Eileen exploring shapes and materials
 Sheila - once a surface designer, always a surface designer- using stamps to create pages....
 ....lots more of her samples here too - she was unstoppable today!
... and finally, Maggie No3 who always tries out everything I ask of them.... and some!
Another great day in great company. Thanks everyone. Roll on two weeks time and long stitch bindings.

7 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Wow!

Anna Mavromatis said...

GREAT students' work = GREAT teacher!

Anna said...

What a fantastic selection, wish I was in your class!

Jill said...

Terrific work from your students. I love the variety of ways they have finished their papers.

Gina said...

Such a lovely variety of work Lesley. The good teaching is very evident.

materfamilias said...

I've just discovered your blog -- such inspiration! You're obviously a fine artist and a wonderful teacher.

Reading Tea Leaves said...

Lesley, your student's creations are wonderful and a testament to your talent as a teacher. It must be immensely satisfying for both student and teacher. Well done to all.