To my huge surprise the June edition of Period Living was in store when I did my weekly shop yesterday. I've been waiting for it, knowing it was going to feature an article on my chum, Sue. I was so excited that I phoned her as soon as I got home, even before I read the whole thing! When I did, my first reaction was that it is very accurate, detailed and intelligently put together. It gives a great insight into how Sue works on her enamel ideas and I hope it generates interest in her printmaking courses as this girl has taught me all I know and become a good friend in the process. Even on the phone yesterday we were talking techniques and ideas. We have a day planned in the above shed next month to experiment with kitchen lithography. I am looking forward to it already as time spent with Sue always motivates me into action!
As I had not read the article when I phoned I didn't clock that it was written by Rachel Crow. Given that Sue loves all things 'corvid' that seems quite apt and a good omen!
6 comments:
I shall have to look out for this mag. Congratulations to Sue for being featured in such a brilliant magazine!
x
Thank you! for posting this I was desperate to see it and haven't found the magazine as yet in the US. I shall have to look online. Such a lovely group of images that give a glance into Sue's world. Have fun with the kitchen litho. I have been intending to have a go at that for ages.
Caw!
x
That sounds worth looking out for!
Congratulations to Sue, to be featured in such a quality publication is praise indeed. Her work looks stunning.
Love the photos of her workshop and it is only right and proper that Frank should have a mention!
Hope you are well and enjoying this lovely spring.
Jeanne
x
Thanks for sharing this Lesley, I do like Sue's work a lot and her blog is fascinating.
Steph.
Post a Comment