I've had a great week making more marks on paper, rusting fabric, trying out some different book structures and generally messing about in my shed. I thought it was about time I finished my glass book idea. The plates have been made for months but my soldering skills are minimal and the loops needed re-soldering, so it has been an idea on hold until I felt ready to tackle the soldering iron again. Any close scrutiny of the loops or the soldering will show that it is still a process I have not mastered, but, hey, the book stands on it's own (with a little help from the windowsill.....)
10 comments:
This is super yummy, a really unique take on glass, artists books and mark making. Another triumph!! X
I love this book. The combination of strong marks, transparency and simple construction (I mean in appearance not effort!) really work together
I am very intrigued by this glass book. I have never quite seen anything else like it.
Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I wish that I could see the book up close.
Best wishes.
It works really well Lesley. I love it.
Ooh yes, very successful. It would definitely bear being looked at closely and the layers altered manually and so on. Beautiful.
What a stunner Lesley! The marks and colours are beautiful, and the elegance of it is perfection. Just love it.
A beautiful piece of work!
Steph.
I think you can declare this a success Lesley.
LOVE your glass book! What a unique idea. Are you planning to make more...I hope?
this is a fine book, lovely marks, great concept. i don't know for sure, but i believe alicia bailey from denver (abecedarian gallery) has worked with glass pages...you might find some technical help over on her blog--
Post a Comment