Wednesday, 26 November 2014

Waking and walking

We have had a few days of stunning weather. Waking up to strange early morning mists that hang like ribbons as I look across the field next door. Our first frost as autumn slips into winter but with the promise of sunshine later.
So, there's been two days of walking, enjoying the company of friends and my lovely husband on the coastal path from Abermawr to Aberbach. Not a massive distance by any stretch but the warmth of the sun and the sound of the waves crashing on the rocks below meant frequent stops to look, to sit, to listen and to absorb it all. All topped off with a trip round the headland to Pwll Deri stretching its arm out to sea.


 Pwll Deri
 High morning tide at Abermawr
 Walk around the path from the bay at Abermawr........
 ...... and you'll see the little beach of Aberbach

I've been restless all of this year,talking about moving, frequently. There are times when I feel a bit cut off from the rest of the world and want to be closer to the action. I wish I could hop on a train and get to London to see exhibitions or just visit places without planning it like a military manouevre... and then I have a week like this and it makes me realise what I have. Great friends, a charmed life  and some very special landscape to be a part of. Why look for more I wonder?

11 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

I'd been thinking of you and wondering where you were and that maybe I'd e-mail so am glad to learn that you have been enjoying your beautiful part of the world. The photos remind me of the coastal walks I have done with my friend over the years. The grass is often greener on the other side of the fence until you get there and realise that it was just fine where you were! I love it here but where you live is also lovely too!

Patricia G said...

Terrific photographs!!

Jee said...

We constantly wonder about moving to make it easier to get to London, illogical as we moved here from just outside London and we weren't happy there! It's beautiful here, but the train services are dire. On the other hand one has only look at house prices to forget the whole idea.

Sue Brown said...

I can smell the sea air, this is such a heartfelt post. Change is daunting...I should know, but I know you will make the right decisions. Look forward to a proper chat soon. XX

Jennifer said...

Stunning views! All others are asleep in the house right now and if I sit very still and listen...well...it seems the sound of waves crashing and birds flying overhead can be heard in the distance. Thank you for sharing these shots!

Velma Bolyard said...

what a place, what a place!

Anna said...

What a beautiful area you live in but I can imagine the feeling of being in such a remote place.
I do like Cambridgeshire and my village but from time to time wonder about living elsewhere, starting afresh but know I'm not brave enough to do it on my own!
Maybe a new year will bring new challenges and you'll feel more settled.

Gina said...

You can't beat that beautiful view and the sound of the sea. I love where we live and it is fun being able to get to London when I like but we have to take a holiday to get walks like that! I guess there is nowhere perfect and it is all about learning to love what we have.

Unknown said...

We did the same walk just a week ago - and I did a quick sketch too, but I don't think I can upload it in the comments. I can't imagine living anywhere else now.

Judith nb Serena said...

We love our life on the canals, the peace and tranquility,and when we come homeit wouldn't be the same anywhere other than Pembrokeshire. We never regret moving here 20years ago. Love reading your blog you always seem to have something on the go I only wish I had your expertise and willpower to get on and do it. Keep up the good work.
Judith

Steph said...

Gorgeous images Lesley, I wish I was there! There's nothing like that in Birmingham...
Steph x