If ever there was a time I wished I could get on a train to London, it is now. Starting this Thursday is an exhibition at the Michael Hoppen Gallery of the photographs taken in 2004 of the clothes and belongings of Frida Kahlo.
After her death in 1954, her husband, Diego Rivera, locked all of her things away, stating that the room was not to be opened until 15 years after his death. When it was, all of these iconic belongings like her painted corsets, nail varnish bottles, sunglasses, shoes and even her prosthetic leg were photographed by Ishiuchi Miyako. Follow the link for an overview of some wonderful things.

3 comments:
I've also seen those photographs on line, but know that seeing the actual objects would be so much better.
Not sure I'd get to the exhibition Lesley, so I've ordered a copy of the book. A book of beautiful photographs of amazing objects, many of them textiles, belonging to a woman of immense inspiration, a bargain.
I got my book and signed by the author too. I get it out and stroke it every now and again.
Post a Comment