Just a quick update on the 100 bookmarks I mentioned in a recent post.
As I suspected, the weather turned cold and dull and all thoughts of cyanotypes went out of the window. No sun meant no bookmarks and the plate I made for my other idea of the embossed bookmark kept sticking to the damp paper and tearing it so everything that could go wrong did go wrong!
Having just bought a portable UV lightbox I could have done the cyanotypes on this but that would have taken a lifetime so I needed another idea quick or I'd have to face the embarrassment of failing to make the deadline and producing the goods. Not an outcome I wanted to consider. I never start anything I don't intend to finish.
With time running out I needed a solution. During a group session last week I made a sample drawing in ink and conte which everyone loved. I may well get it framed later but it has come to my rescue this weekend as I scanned it, heightened the colour in Photoshop and then printed it with five to a sheet on heavyweight inkjet paper. After lots of cutting and numbering etc I sent my 100 bookmarks off today and now I will wait to receive my set at a later date of everyone else's work.
I've no doubt there will be plenty for me to envy when they arrive but I am pleased with what I ultimately settled on. In truth, it is very 'me'. It is typical of my mark making. It is graphic and monochromatic and I am delighted to have produced a 100 of anything before the deadline in June.
Of course, I now have loads of sample cyanotype and embossed bookmarks that I started to make and there's a limit to how many books I have on the go at any one time..... so if anyone out there is desperate for a bookmark please let me know!
8 comments:
This ia a tempting project to get involved with! Your drawing is a fabulous textural piece and the bookmarks look like they're made from a deep etching. I hope you get some stunnimg bookmarks in return.
This sounds great fun - I look forward to seeing the bookmarks you receive!
I'd love one of your spare bookmarks!
They look fabulous Lesley... And yes, very you. I'm sure they will be well received.
Absolutely gorgeous as a group. Congratulations, not an easy task.
Oh, I hate it when every step you take doesn't quite happen; but then something wonderful does which is fabulous! These look brilliant and all together and I'm sure framing your drawing is the right thing to do - its exquisite. Congratulations - deadline and commitment met with pizazz!
these look really great, and sometimes when we are diverted, things are even more exciting.
These are fabulous, with a dramatic feel to them. The journey was well worth taking! Very brave to attempt 100 of anything!!
I l o v e these Lesley.
Its been forever since I was in the blogosphere but it was so lovely to hear from you and I wanted to "visit" ever since... beautiful images of beach and foraging finds, flowers, your work and so much.
I suspect couve achieved a great deal wince my last visit and its so wonderful to see your being so productive as always!
Sophie x
Post a Comment