Sunday, 7 June 2015

Is it summer at last?

 With such odd weather for the past week - all that rain and those high winds - I was wondering if summer is really here yet. After an early morning walk on Freshwater West beach this morning with only a few other souls about I think it might be. Gorgeous light bounced off the waves, so sharp it almost hurt your eyes to look at it. The rock pools were clear, the geology was stunning and all the different colours and textures in the stones were beautiful to see. A beautiful start to the day... and when I got home I noticed that the baby swallows had fledged from their nest in our little outbuilding. Watching them try to fly to build the strength up in their wings was wonderful. They flew over the field next door hawking for insects and this afternoon the farmer cut it for silage.Now it's left to dry for a few days before baleing up.  Definitely all the signs of summer in one day. Bring it on.






6 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Fabulous photos - wish I was there too!

Diana Studer said...

spotted egg pebble!
Are those rare?

Frances said...

In the past weeks we had similar wind and rain here in New York. Many umbrellas were dismantled while on duty.

Ahh, but now the city's green places are so very, very green, and most of the sneeze-encouraging pollen has been washed away.

I love each of your photographs. The close up views of the stones are beauties.

Best wishes. xo

Gina said...

What fabulous pebbles. It's not feeling terribly summery here this afternoon!

Celia Hart said...

What a fabulous beach! Summer stopped by at the weekend but disappeared today - so dark and cold, I needed lights on to work in the studio. Hope The dun snd warmth return soon.

Fiona Dempster said...

Sounds like summer is at least visiting for a bit! We are in and out of winter as well, so the seasons are topsy turvy all over. Hope the sun warms you through and through...