Thursday, 26 February 2009

Spring is in the air

Made this bag at the beginning of the week with my Mum, using a pattern I sourced from Etsy. It did not turn out like it should have. Careful reading of the pattern again revealed some key changes I need to make to the next one. It was not very clear so I have re-made the pattern pieces and altered them slightly. I'm now making version No.2 in some plain curtain lining and if it works I'll have another go with some decent fabric. This was a remnant I picked up and it will be given to my sister in law who is into aqua/duck egg blue in a big way this year. Hope she likes it.
After a couple of rainy days we've had a clear, mild day today and I just had to photograph these crocuses and daffodils. My photo however, simply doesn't do justice to the intense,vibrant orange of the stamens in the crocuses. Combined with the lilac stripes they looked stunning today. They are just a small clump under the bird feeders and I'm not sure if we planted them or whether they were there when we came here eight years ago. Whatever the answer, I am delighted by them.

Similarly, we are lucky to have some miniature daffodils in flower too. Being close to Tenby, the local papers often have photos of the Tenby Daffodil which is a well known miniature beauty but ours are the easily found Tete a Tete variety. But they are no less beautiful for being plentiful. I love their little downcast heads that turn and follow the sun during the day. Surely, on a day like today, Spring is only just around the corner?


No comments: