Woke up to a crisp, hard frost and a shining start to the day. The ground was white and crunchy underfoot. I always love the view from the house up to the next village when we have these clear, frosty mornings. I love it most when the mist just seems to hang in mid air...
A quick trawl through the garden shows it's time for a tidy up. We always leave the grasses to overwinter, mainly because their silhouettes look stunning on frosty mornings but also to provide cover and seed for wildlife. The time has come though to get on with things. The green house needs clearing and cleaning because seed sowing will start in a few weeks. We've got all our seeds chosen and organised for succession sowing. I can't wait to get everything under way and to see the vegetables and flowers coming on.

The garden is not waiting for our efforts though and has already started to offer up its delights. Snowdrops are everywhere and the hellebores are also showing well. I can never get enough of all the colours and variations they offer.
There are even signs of primroses coming through too. Would it be too optimistic to hope that Spring is just around the corner... as snow is forecast again for next week the answer is probably yes!
No comments:
Post a Comment