
In my newspaper this weekend I found a photo of the work of Claire Moynihan. She produces these intricate stumpwork creations by embroidering all manner of insects onto balls of handfelted alpaca fibre. 


As a fan of moths and beetles I love the use of these images and , combined with one of my favourite textiles, felt, I think this work is great fun. The Victorian museum type display case seems the perfect way to show off these tiny specimens and I hope I get to see these little gems sometime in the future.

Her work can currently be seen in London at Paul Smith's and it will be in Liberty's from the end of September. It will later be at the Park Gallery in Falkirk in October before being shown at the Courtauld Institute in January 2010 as part of the East Wing Collection.


As a fan of moths and beetles I love the use of these images and , combined with one of my favourite textiles, felt, I think this work is great fun. The Victorian museum type display case seems the perfect way to show off these tiny specimens and I hope I get to see these little gems sometime in the future.
1 comment:
You have no idea how exciting it is when I see my work on people's blogs. Thank you for featuring me and for your interest in my bugs.
Claire.
Post a Comment