
I had a visit yesterday from my friend Sue and she has motivated me to get to grips with my etching press and get on with making some new prints. So, I spent most of today working in my little shed, inking up some previously made plates and thinking about some new ideas. Whilst inking up one of them I considered printing it with some collage element added (called chine colle) and started going through the crates of papers and old books I keep in the shed for book and collage pieces. I came across an old book from the 1940's that I'd forgotten I had, another charity shop find for about 10 pence many moons ago. I got lost in the photos again and remembered that I'd scanned them in at one time thinking I might use them as a basis for some drawing practice. Looking through the file reminded how much I like them. The sharp contrast between the black and white is a winner for me every time.Thought it might be nice to share.




No comments:
Post a Comment