Wednesday, 14 July 2010

The Thieving Magpie

Emanuele Luzatti was an Italian theatre and set designer, illustrator and animator. I came across this on the blog of Eleanora Arroyo . She makes wonderful tiny theatres in matchboxes . Toy theatres and puppets are something I have always found fascinating. Having seen this I've watched all the videos and searched all the images I can find with his work on. I love illustrations like this so much. They are very redolent of the 60's and 70's to me yet also seem right bang up to date.

4 comments:

Sue Brown said...

Noggin the Nog on acid...!! XXX

menopausalmusing said...

Absolutely enchanting Lesley. The lovely textured images reminded of the work of the illustrator Brian Wildsmith...........

Marigold Jam said...

I left you a comment this morning but it seems it didn't arrive! Have just come back to try again with the video - it takes ages to watch as it keeps stopping so left it and have come back for another go now. I love the characters and am reminded of stained glass although like Cathy I also think they are a bit like Brian Wildsmith's illustrations. Where do you find all these interesting bits and pieces?!

Jane x

Jill said...

You've done it again Lesley, enchanting, a favourite piece of music and a wonderful flamboyant animation.
(PS Mr T seems on the mend)