
It's been a busy few weeks. I've been working on a freelance project for a past employer and also finishing off the last pieces in a collaborative project I've been doing with some friends. I have just about managed to keep up with reading posts on my favourite blogs and leaving my comments which is perhaps why I am so taken by this great design by Susanna Hertrich. The Chrono-Shredder is a cross between a clock and a calendar which shreds itself every single day in real time.
What a visual way to see time passing. The pile on the floor represents the past few weeks of my life I think.!
What a visual way to see time passing. The pile on the floor represents the past few weeks of my life I think.!
10 comments:
Oh Lesley that would be quite scary I think to see all that shredded paper on the floor and nothing much achieved! Good to see you back and to be able to leave a comment this time too.
Jane x
I think that is great. Yesterday's gone. Let it go.. live in the now!! Fantastic. Thank you for sharing this!!
I love the way that the days that are shredded are still visible against the wall but become almost a memory as they hit the floor......... Nice to see you back on here... :O)
Seeing one's week shredded might be a good visual metaphor for life at the moment. Time is not so much a-flying as a-shredding. Think this is a wonderful creation.
What a great idea! We still have the swifts flying about but I think they will start to leave quite soon. The House Martins are very busy at the moment feeding their young. Both pairs have bred successfully this year.
Lucy xxxx
Missed your stimulating posts Lesley!!
This is definitley a reminder to live in the here and now, but it is still great fun looking at our shredded past and pulling out a few favourite bits.
Hi Lesley,
What a great visual!! I just posted my nominees for the "Versatile Blogger Award." Go take a peek! :) (And please know, as far as I'm concerned the award is your to do with as you see fit.) As always, looking forward to seeing your next post and more of your work. Cheers!!
Hello Lesley,
How extraordinary this image is... lovely to hear from you last week...its been such a busy time...but I do love to go visiting!
Best,
Sophie
Thank you Lesley for your wise and encouraging comment. It's been a great summer so far and the old adage of 'work hard and play hard' has certainly rung true for a change! I'm gradually getting my Blog mojo back. However, the extensive reading list that welcomes me as I log on is rather daunting! But I do miss my blog and hope to be back soon, definitely before our late summer vacation in France at the beginning of September.
Glad to hear you have been keeping busy with some exciting projects. Oh and I love the Chrono-Shredder!
Jeanne
x
Love that shredder!Thank you for your lovely comment! I've been meaning to ask whether you can recommended any book arts titles at all please? I'm on the reserve list for a one day Cath Ray course - I'd really like to get into the book arts more.
Post a Comment