For the past couple of weeks I've been watching a daily programme on BBC2 called 'One Man and his Campervan' following the travels of surfer, writer and foodie Martin Dorey as he takes his 1970's VW Camper on a tour of the UK, foraging for food and cooking up local specialities along the way. The food always looks delicious. Martin features a lot of the recipes on his website and it, as well as his blog, is well worth a read. It has been a little gem of a series and it ends tonight when he hits my neck of the woods, Pembrokeshire. It's always interesting to see how the TV portrays where you live so I shall be on the look out for places I know and maybe even people I know - it is a small place! It's based around St Davids so will maybe feature the surfers on Whitesands Bay. This then gives me the opportunity to show this silly film that I found the other day. Sheep and surfing. There's lots of both things in this county so why not?
7 comments:
Ha, ha, this is so funny. Couldn't decide if it was for real! It looks pretty convincing!
Where do you find them?!! What a hoot - do hope it wasn't for real though! Must make a note to watch that programme tonight as I know that area quite well and as you say it's always interesting to see an area you know portrayed on TV and to see if they pick out the bits you would have done.
Have a good weekend.
Jane x
Just discovered I have missed it as you posted this yesterday not this morning but can catch up with this week's programmes on BBC i-player so will watch it later.
Goodness me! Could hardly believe what they were doing. I saw a couple of the campervan programmes but forgot most evenings until the last couple of minutes...... doh!
I'm speechless!
I have been watching that programme. I have found it to be very entertaining....and you are right the food looks delicious. I wish I had the courage to follow some of his ways!
Sheep surfing......why??
I've missed the campervan programme and am really disappointed - I would have enjoyed it I'm sure. Love the clip ...
Post a Comment