As I struggle this week with setting up some screen prints for my college project it is a joy to see wonderful artisans at work. I love block printing on fabric but never seem to get the registration right. How I wish I had the patience and skills of these craftsmen.
8 comments:
What a sumptuously beautiful video. The colours of India - and then that tranquil, exacting printing. Loved it.
Amazing patience - those stamps are so beautiful and to think every swirl and flower is carved indivisually by hand. Lovely video which reminds me that there is more to life than increasing its speed! Maybe their attitude to the work is something we could all learn from too.
Jane x
Beautiful!
Thank you Leslie for sharing it! (I did the same on my FB page)
What a beautiful film!
Do you think they'd take me as an apprentice?
Celia
He was wearing white trousers to work in, just such a lovely film. Two heart filling things from you in one day, just what I needed, just what friends are for. X
Wow, that must take years of practice to perfect! And what a colourful world they live in!
Dan
-x-
How beautiful was that film??!! I cannot work out what the person is doing when they press down with the ruler..... (the bit just after they have picked up their drawing and are looking at it as if to check out that it is okay as a pattern repeat)...... such lovely touches in the film, like the way the hot pan is picked up. Thanks for finding another great film... :O)
Another gem Lesley, what a country of contrast, the seething hustle and bustle of the masses and the calm mindfulness of the artisans. Let us hope that these traditional crafts do not get swept away by modernisation.
Post a Comment