These are some pictures from the recent Bee Bearding competition held in Hunan Province in China. The object of the exercise is to get yourself covered by as many bees as possible and the winner is the person with the heaviest swarm covering them.
Here's the winner, Wang Dalin, who won the contest by getting covered with 26.86kg of bees whilst wearing only a pair of shorts and some swimming goggles. Those strategically placed corks look like a vital accessory.I asked my husband if he'd let his bees do this if I bought him a pair of swimming goggles and a couple of corks but he declined. My hero.
Photos via Associated Press
10 comments:
Can't say I blame Roy! O got stung once and ended up at the hospital and feeling really rough for several days! Can't imagine why anyone would want to enter this competition but guess it takes all sorts!
Only in China........(thank goodness!).
x
Only two corks?
Unbelievable! He's either very brave or completely bonkers!
Jeanne
x
Insanity! Thank goodness you have a sensible husband
Oh my!!!!
That is so scary! I can't imagine being brave enough to let so many bees cover your body! Wow!
Lucy xxxxxx
Five corks AND bicycle clips!
Lesley - I scrolled down in awe as I worked out what was going on - way too scary for me.
I can't do that. Well, congratulations to the winner.
Mary Joy from Acoustic Guitar Software
Post a Comment