Saturday, 29 September 2012

Shadow Play

Every Thursday, Fiona at Paper Ponderings shares a quote with us accompanied by her observations, ruminations and always illustrated with a wonderful photograph. This week the quote (I'm paraphrasing here) was how we are always drawn to the light, yet the shadows are far more interesting and have more to say to us. In my comment I confessed to being a serial shadow photographer, often of the ones cast in the hallway through my old front door. So, when we woke up to a glorious late summer/early autumn day when the sun has a certain sharpness to it, I was caught, yet again, by the flickering movements on the wall. Something in me wants to get into Photoshop and play with these photos but I know less is more and so I will just let them speak for themselves.




8 comments:

Patricia G said...

that they were there for you to see is beautiful, that you shared them with us wonderful. thank you.

Reading Tea Leaves said...

It's a great day for shadow play!

Lesley, I've just left a comment further down on your holiday post too - its lovely to have a catch up over here.

Have a great weekend.

Jeanne
x

Anna Mavromatis said...

Lovely shadow play Leslie, so unique with these amazing patterns! Thank you for sharing them.
xox

Marigold Jam said...

Lovely patterns and lovely that the sun was out to show them to you and thus to us!

menopausalmusing said...

Excellent photos Lesley, especially like that top one. Lovely to see the lettering.

Anna said...

Thankyou for sharing the lovely photos.

Fiona Dempster said...

Oh Lesley - what a lovely lovely linking thing with shadows! Yours are so subtle and beautiful and whisperingly divine, no wonder you gaze at them each day!

Sophie Munns said...

Love this Lesley...
sometimes the light grabs you to see something so unique its spell-binding...
Can see this as printed material.
S