Saturday, 13 April 2013
Character building
Thanks to everyone who left a comment about doing a print exchange. I will be e mailing info out later today so if you don't hear from me please get in touch as I'm not sure I have everyone's e mail address! It occurs to me that any print I might do will either have a bird, a plant or a moth theme, given they are my preoccupations during the Spring months. We had another moth trap last night and at last, we had moths. There were only about a dozen but it is a positive sign. The majority were these common Hebrew Characters huddled together in the bottom of the box. They should be prolific about now and the trap only had half a dozen, at least 60% down on numbers for this time of year, but I am glad to see them. I never cease to be amazed at the variables in the same moth. Even these three,although similar, have significant differences. Time to get plate making then!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Hi
I'm having problems sending you an e mail through your profile so I'll put my address here. It's jacbalmer at gmail dot com. Look forward to hearing from you
What lovely markings the moths have, I can see inspiration for your print!
Aren't you always rather dazzled by nature? Obviously, it's inspired artists for centuries in many parts of the world.
I love knowing that with each sunrise nature will give my eyes (if I am wise enough to keep them open) another show. Right now, as spring stakes its claim on New York City, I am keeping watch on the annual parade of flowering trees and flowers. And...lots of young green leaves are also unfolding all over town. (It's not all concrete and asphalt here.)
The birds also are doing their thing.
Your site is great fun to visit!
Happy moth gathering Lesley - these are warm and beautiful.
Looking forward to seeing the results of your plate making!
I look forward to seeing moth plates, too, Lesley! The moths are quite beautiful, lovely soft colours and wonderful markings.
Post a Comment