I have now passed on the print I mentioned in my last post - hand held through the process by my lovely friend Sue. I printed the initial proof at home and the print plate needed some altering but I'm pleased with the second attempt and he looked great and was well received. I doubt I will take another print off the plate but I intend to do something with that as it is a thing of beauty in its own right.
This is a crow called Russell, last seen in Shropshire on my monthly visits to the art group with Bobby Britnell. Rescued as an abandoned fledgeling by Bobby's son, Russell flew all around the place, often into the classroom, where he had a penchant for pulling pencils and pens out of containers and throwing them around. He was definitely a crowd favourite but since July he has disappeared and his fate is unknown. It makes me even more pleased that I opted to make a reminder.
Our art group met this weekend and Bobby shared a sneak preview of the courses planned at Moor Hall for next year. I won't spill the beans here but there are some fantastic tutors coming and a new opportunity to sign up to some mentoring sessions is included in the programme. The mentors are really top notch textile artists and I predict a fast take up of places. People are already asking for places on courses without knowing dates or anything, such is the reputation of what's gone before. If anyone wants to know more , sign up for Bobby's mailing list and newsletter. It's worth it.
6 comments:
He's really great - do hope the real Russell is OK. Workshops website looks really interesting wish I could go!
I'll also send along best wishes to Russell, while sending you huge compliments on your marvelous image.
Isn't printmaking full of wonder?
Cheers!
What a super print of Russell!
Wow. I think Russell is fantastic and I like the red/black contrast
Ta dah indeed! What a splendid print - I love the addition of the pencil too! What talent and what a lovely lovely gift. Have fun with those courses - oh to be able to pop in for some!
Lovely image. The pencil is inspired.
Post a Comment