Cynthia
Halina
Jennifer and Diana
Sheila
Catherine
and last, but by no means least, Maggie, who had to leave early after finishing this colourful book from Khadi paper and a watercolour paper cover. Can't wait to see the next one.As for me, I floated a few ideas for workshops next term. I suggested the Secret Belgian Binding but when I told them it was all about precise measuring and accurate stitching etc the idea seemed to pall for them. Back to the drawing board for 2016 then and perhaps a few workshops in some other venues. More info to follow in due course. Thanks everyone for your efforts this year. Great books and great company!
9 comments:
What a talented lot! I do wish I lived nearer and could learn how to do that too.
Lovely work Lesley you should be very proud of yourself not only for being able to make the books themselves but for being able to pass that knowledge on to others. Hope you have a lovely Christmas and 2016 is a good year for you. X
Judith
Still on board Serena.
Well, your photographs surely do tell the rest of us what a success the workshop was.
I would love to know how to do book binding. Even the Secret Belgian Binding is intriguing. I love math, and always measure at least twice before cutting.
Wish I were not an ocean away. xo
Can't imagine why they did not want to do Secret Belgian Binding. I has to be one of my favourites. Try to persuade them to change their minds.
Fabulous books - you must be so proud of your students!
I hope they change their minds about Belgian Binding - I love it!
Great results, I would like to make books but am hopeless at measuring or even drawing a straight line so pamphlet books are about my limit. Maybe I need to take a class with you.
How wonderful for us that you remembered the camera! Amazing results from your class - you must be a great teacher. It's funny the amount of joy I get just looking at lots of beautiful hand-made boos - thanks!
Beautiful work Lesley, what a success.
I love all of them!
Post a Comment