Wednesday, 24 June 2009

Fiona Watson

It has been another wonderfully sunny day and we're just heading off to our local beach at Amroth to sit and contemplate the sea at peace in the quiet of the early evening. Amroth is a beach comprised mainly of pebbles and thinking about it reminds me of the work of Scottish printmaker, Fiona Watson. I love these etchings. There is just something magical about them. There's more to her work than etchings of pebbles though so check out her website for a visual treat.






Fiona also has some wonderful photos on Flickr.
I am taken with these photos of unwritten books. It seems like a concept that could be adapted in many ways. Wonderful photos, so cleverly composed and displayed. Take a look here.





1 comment:

Sue Brown said...

I have always loved Fiona's work, thanks for reminding me about it. The photographs have all the elements I like about collecting bits and pieces. I must look more closely at my pile of beach glass and button collection.