Tuesday, 15 June 2010

Nearly Midsummer

I don't often pick flowers, much preferring to see them in situ, but yesterday I couldn't resist all that froth from the alchemillas and astrantias. The colours just remind me that Midsummer is less than a week away. I'm not much of an arranger, having gone to the 'plonk them in a vase' school but they cheer up a corner of my kitchen no end. Lovely.

10 comments:

menopausalmusing said...

I AM a flower picker, and I have jugs of them all over the place...... lovely to see yours..... :O)

Marigold Jam said...

Lovely Lesley and those kinds of flowers look just right arranged in the "plonk them in a vase" style!

Jane

Jee said...

Not much in our garden to pick, unfortunately, but those look lovely. I'm definitely a member of the'plonk them in a vase' school, but M-in-law spent years on 'Floral Art' classes, so I'm much scorned. (Nothing new there then!)

Dan said...

These look beautiful Lesley.
Sadly there's not much to pick in our garden, my flowers all come from Sainsburys (sad eh?). I do love arranging them though.
Dan
-x-

Reading Tea Leaves said...

They are lovely Lesley and very artfully 'plonked'. I can't bear not to have flowers in the house - having to make do with florist-bought at the moment. The garden has to bless me with masses of blooms before I can bring myself to pick any of them!

I've been admiring the incredible moths in your last post - just beautiful.

Jeanne
x

Chrissie said...

A beautiful natural arrangement - I'm sure they can be spared from your lovely garden.

Chrissie said...

.... but please Don't Eat the Daisies ....
love, Doris

Lucy Caitlin Higham said...

Happy mid-summer's eve! Such pretty flowers!
Lucy xxxx

Jill said...

Just perfect - glad to know you belong to the 'plonk' school too.
Can't believe the nights will be drawing in soon!!

Greedy Nan said...

i'm trying to email you but can't - is there a fault at your end? Lovely flowers - please send me a virtual bunch!