Thursday, 3 June 2010

Poppy Love

It's that wonderful time of year when the garden throws up surprises day after day. I spent the day in Cardiff with a friend yesterday and came home to these two beauties, apt as they are called 'Beauty of Livermere'.They were covered up in the morning and then out in their full blowsy glory by the time I took this photo last night. This morning there are four of them in bloom. Just like ruffled silk. I wonder what secrets the garden will share today?

4 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Beautiful Lesley! I love poppies - their hairy buds and the creased silk petals when they emerge. Thanks for your visit to my blog and sorry you cannot enjoy the silence it must be so frustrating for you. Catch up properly soon.

Jane x

menopausalmusing said...

Absolutely stunning poppies! We have noticed that one of the wild orchids which is carefully mown round each year here has decided to "sulk" and not grow and yet another has thrown itself up in the vegetable plot. I love that side of gardening, the not being sure what will/wont come.

Cheryl said...

They are absolutely gorgeous....such depth of colour.

I love poppies of any kind.....especially my little grand-daughter!

It is a lovely time of year.....each day new blooms unfold.....

Jill said...

Beautiful - just crying out to be admired. Have they got velvety black centres?