Monday, 21 June 2010

Shadow Puppetry

Beautiful shadow puppetry from Stephen Munshin. So clever.

6 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

How clever and beautiful too.

Jane

Sue Brown said...

Fantastic, such a simple idea and so beautifully done...such an antidote to the degree shows I saw yesterday...I won't go on!
Thanks for the message and yes, it does take one to know one.

XXX

Jill said...

Magic Lesley, well discovered.
Do you remember 'Tales from Europe' children's television in the late 50's early 60's? (I'm presuming you might) They often featured shadow puppet stories and they were a favourite.

menopausalmusing said...

Very beautiful! I found myself watching it over and over to see how it was done and wondering at the different materials that must have been used. Fascinating.

Reading Tea Leaves said...

Such a clever art form elevated to a magical story here - I loved the sequence where he takes off in a boat. Beautiful.

Jeanne
x

LAC EMP 2020 said...

Thank you all for your comments. It is a lovely thing isn't it? Jill, you suddenly took me back years when you mentioned Tales from Europe. I am 'that age' so do remember the programmes.You've reminded me that there were a lot of them done with shadow puppetry. Thank you. Lesley