Monday, 12 July 2010

Happy Birthday Andy

Listening to the radio this morning I heard that Andy Pandy was 60 years old today. I think he's worn better than I have! When I heard that signature tune I went all the way back to my childhood. I can still remember 'Watch with Mother' on the television. Monday was 'Picture Book'. Andy Pandy was on Tuesday followed by 'Bill and Ben' on Wednesday. Next up was 'Rag, Tag and Bobtail' with the 'Woodentops' rounding off the week on Friday. Halcyon days. Hard to think that Andy is now eligible for a bus pass! He hasn't aged a bit....whereas I..... enough said.

7 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Happy Birthday Andy Pandy! I hadn't even noticed back then that it wasn't in colour!! Maybe his PJs weren't blue and white after all! Mind you I only ever saw it at a friend's home as we didn't have TV till much later on.

Jane

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Looby-Loo and Teddy too, so many memories. I loved the deep, mellifluous voice of the RT&B narrator and of course the biggest spotty dog in the world.

Jee said...

I'm immediately transported back - our tiny black and white TV screen and the woman who presented Picture Book... The Wooden Tops were my favourite. Of course there was Listen with Mother too - George Dixon and Daphne Oxenford singing away! They re-made Andy Pandy a few years ago - not the same at all.

menopausalmusing said...

Now that really was a blast from the past! :O)

Cheryl said...

Thank you for the sweetest of memories. Andy Pandy was a particular favourite of mine.

Happy Birthday Andy Pandy.....

Chrissie said...

Oh I absolutely LOVED Rag,Tag and Bobtail! I think I'm the same age as Dennis the Menace, but lovely to know I'm a year younger than Andy!!

LAC EMP 2020 said...

Thank you all so much for joining in with memories of Andy Pandy. I'd forgotten about Spotty Dog but it's all come flooding back.... the big tv set with the little black and white screen.... the potters wheel interludes... shirley abacair on the zither... now THOSE are memories!