I can't quite get my mojo working yet this year. I'm dipping in and out of things but not spending any particular time on anything. Easily sidetracked into using up fabric scraps making cards. I have loads of that bird fabric from Ikea and fear I'll never see the end of it unless I use up bigger pieces......
... so I made some bibs for my friend's forthcoming baby also using up some other fabric scraps

12 comments:
I LOVE these bibs! You've just inspired me to make some (I am sure not as beautiful...) for my super handsome grand baby Everett!
BTW: you are wonderful!!!
xox
Well, the bird looks very pretty with its bow! Honestly Lesley, everything you make is always imaginative and lovely, and if I had half of your creativity I'd be so pleased!!
Dan
-x-
I know just what you mean - hours spent fiddling and nothing much to show for it but I'd say you DO have something to show for it there. Your friend's baby will have some beautiful designer bibs and that card is really great too. Don't be so hard on yourself it's whilst messing about that some of the best ideas come.
Jane
Those bibs are so sweet and charming Lesley. Everything you make is unique and imaginative. If that is procrastination Lesley-styley, bring it on!
Jeanne
x
Hi Lesely - it's a strange, unsettling feeling when you just can't crack it or get back into the flow and feel like you take forever to achieve something seemingly simple. I love that you have continued to make, to push thru those moments and to keep spinning the thread of creativity through your life. The results are gorgeous, fun and make me smile; and I wish you well as you push thru to the bigger more challenging things lurking just around the corner! Go well.
I have stopped sipping Lapsang Suchong for moment ;O)))) to say how WONDERFUL this stuff is! If it's black and red and white (like the card), then I LOVE it. As for the bibs they are just so contemporary and are gorgeous...... know what you mean about bows though, there is an art to tying a bow that "lies" the right way. I spent years as an outworker stitching and finishing off beanie toys for a manufacturer and they had ribbons on their bottoms which I had to tie into bows.......... (I've "lived" you know.......... I've lived!) :O)))
See? I don't really drink that tea (I couldn't even spell it correctly!). It was a present along with "the" duck! :O)))))))))
Lovely bibs Lesley, could I get away with using a little bird one? I ask myself. Perhaps not... just yet ;o)
You are so creative! Love the card and bibs!
Lucy xxxxxxx
The bibs are lovely, Lesley. I know what you mean about not getting on with anything - I've just unravelled a load of knitting and messed about with fabric for an hour to no result, my head's too fuzzy.
I love the card and the bibs - and I wish i could procrastinate as well as you. I keep writing my "to do" list for the evenings and each day ends up with a list of CFs for carry forward to the next day!
Hi Lesley,
I feel just as unfocused as you .... Im going round the bend with my clutter which I've half sorted and now I need a huge kick up the proverbial to finish the damn job... everything is stalled till I can get that finished... and each creative project Id like to get on with is waiting for this stage to be completed. At least you are dog lovely things... but i think I am totally with you on feeling a bit scatty... full moon as well... its said to do things to people!
Its often like this in january I tell myself... so not to worry...
have a lovely weekend!
Sophie
Post a Comment