Sunday, 11 December 2011

Seasonal stuff

I finally made some Christmas cards this week. Using some cardboard alphabets on sale in my local 'bargain box' shop I made a printing plate which I sealed and then used to run my cards through the press to emboss them. The addition of the bows was a last minute thought, not part of my original plan but those letters suddenly looked like little wreaths.....

I thought of sending them printed with 'Christmas wishes from _es_ey' and then inside saying 'Look, No Els' but then thought better of it. Some ideas should be abandoned at their inception......



After seeing some Christmas cards in the making over at Double Elephant I hope Sara won't mind that I adapted her sophisticated idea a little.... actually, a lot........ to make some cards for friends with children. Big robins with lovely googly eyes should go down a treat. If you know of anyone with children who wants to make cards with them then here's a lovely idea over at Mer Mag. I thought it was a gem and there's a free download to go with it.


As for that papier mache angel and reindeer.... well let's just say they're finished and will grace us with their presence for a couple of weeks.... before heading to the place wherever it is that all unwanted decorations go.....





8 comments:

menopausalmusing said...

You are a creative genius! Loved the thought of the "No els", it made me laugh out loud. The embossing gives such a sophisticated look to the cards and your angel and reindeer are a delight. I shan't go over to the links till laer as I really should be getting festive myself, so shall save the treat for later. Loved the little film on your previous post - some clever people out there.

Joanna said...

You are so funny! Love the no els idea!!

Gorgeous cards, how clever. And your angel and reindeer are lovely - please don't kill 'em off :o(

xx

Anna said...

Lesley, I love your cards, you are so creative! Your blog always makes me smile.

Wendy Rhodes said...

Beautiful ideas, not too time consuming. I wish I'd seen these before I once again gave up on finding time and went out and bought cards instead!! Next year I'll look back over your blog. Thank you for your imaginative posts.

Gina said...

Love your cards... very sophisticated. I don't think I could have resisted the "No els" but then I'm not in the least sophisticated!

Anna Mavromatis said...

Beautiful cards and always unique-authentic Lesley! (with AND without "els")

Fiona Dempster said...

Oh Lesley - you should have done it! I laughed out loud and thought it was brilliant - I even made Barry come over and read it! The cards are beautiful - I love embossing; and the simplicity of them with the bow to make you smile. Perfect!

Ticking Stripes said...

Love the embossing! Great idea. And there is an almost Escher feel to the Robins pic (not sure he used the googly eyes tho'!)Thank you for your recent comment - I will email separately...