So, there I am with all those indigo samples and wondering what to do with them as I only wanted to try the methodology and had no idea what to do with the outcomes! I was toying with the idea of prayer flags and in the way that fate intervenes, logged on and read this post by Fiona. This took me here to Flags for Peace 2012 and I just knew that fate was telling me to 'join in with this one Lesley'. I shall be making a special flag to fly on the designated day of September 21st,World Peace Day and my late father's birthday, and the first person who would understand the reason I'd want to support this. What an appropriate date for me, fate again! So, I cut up my samples, found some tape, screen printed a few with my own little dove for peace, ran them through the machine... at haste.... and then worked out where they might go. They just about stretch from my shed up the garden to the middle of my herb bed. Although prayer flags are traditionally in five colours, blue is the chosen colour for sky and space so I think mine are just right. Prayer flags are used to promote peace, compassion, strength and wisdom and the Tibetans believe that the prayers will be blown by the wind to spread the goodwill and compassion into all pervading space. I think if enough people sign up to raise a flag for peace on September 21st that goodwill will encircle the globe.
7 comments:
Beautiful. XX
What a lovely idea, and how wonderful that World peace Day is on your late father's birthday.
Your flags look gorgeous, their sentiment and love flapping in the wind. Is the idea that you leave them up until they disintegrate, which is when their message goes off to do it's work? I read that somewhere but I'm probably totally wrong!
Your garden is BEAUTIFUL!!!!
oh, how lovely -
i would love for you to share this at our blog - kismet seems to have come into play for a number of us...
The perfect use for your samples, Lesley..........
Gorgeous!
Perfect Lesley - so many wonderful parts coming together; and in the absence of anything else, they simply look beautiful and share a beautiful sentiment in your garden. They must make you smile.
Oh I do love what you've decided to do with your indigo dyed samples - the flags are inspired. I have been having a closer look at your garden too ....
I had to read your last post a bit quickly because I remembered that I'd left the iron on for ages and just quickly saw that you were "having a crown fitted" - immediately thought of you getting kitted out for the Jubilee celebrations!
Chrissie x
Post a Comment