Wednesday, 16 May 2012
Stepping out
In the last week or so the final stages of the all Wales coastal path were opened after a five year project. This now means that the whole 870 miles of it is accessible which is an amazing feat to achieve. Now, along with the Pembrokeshire Coast Path (Britain's only coastal national park) the rest of this beautiful country can be enjoyed as well. So far on my hols on my home turf I've been north and south of the county enjoying dry, if not warm weather and walking my socks off. Today was the sunniest and warmest so we headed north to Aberporth to try the new access path to Tresaith. Although we walked further I thought it was fantastic that there is a mile long paved path providing access for all. No excuse for anyone to say they can't enjoy the coastline and what a glorious day it was. I saw sand martins in huge numbers flying in and out of dunes and saw and heard a couple of whitethroats, summer migrants to these shores. Lately I've been guilty of being restless and wanting to move away from Pembrokeshire but today was one of those glad to be alive days and I would not have wanted to be anywhere else. I hear the weather is changeable for tomorrow - well, it is still Wales after all - so something indoors might be on the agenda like a visit to St David's Cathedral. I can recommend this holidaying in your own backyard stuff! If you tell yourself you're on holiday and plan your days as you would if you were somewhere else it really works!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
What a beautiful day and stunning photos to prove it! That is incredible that all 870 miles of coastal path are now accessible. A few more day trips-worth!
x
I feel like I have lungs full of fresh air having looked at these shots/ Love the one with the windswept tree in particular. Trees like these have such lovely shapes.
It looks glorious. I can imagine why you wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
I know what you mean about holidaying in your own backyard and your back yard is lovely too! Stunning photos - just hope it stays like that over the weekend whilst I am in Wales!
Oh gosh, when I see sea thrift (hope I've got the name right), it really makes me think of my mum as she loved to paint it. I've loved Pembrokeshire every time I've been (and that probably includes when we lived in Tenby for two years when I was a toddler, which I can't actually remember).
Exquisite photos.
Lovely photo's. It looks very beautiful there.
Hi Lesley
We're right at the top of the path and you're probably towards the middle? Beautiful pictures!
Dan
-x-
I think the Welsh tourist board could use your talents for finding sunny scenes.
XX
hi found your blog from visiting Sophie Munn's just now. Thought I'd take a peek, and hey look what I see - glorious views of Pembrokeshire. Thank you so much! It is truly the land of my heart, and I'm getting itchy feet to return there soon. Keep walking that path!
More lovely photos, what a long walk the whole path would be!!!! I stayed on Thorn Island in the Milford Haven estuary when I was 10ish and enjoyed the beaches and wildlife around but didn't fully appreciate the scenery at that age.
Stunning photos Lesley - Pembrokeshire looks so beautiful and when the sun is shining what better place for a staycation.
Envious!
Jeanne
x
I love these photos. Simple and stunning.
Post a Comment