Monday, 24 December 2012

Merry Christmas to all

Last month there was a Christmas card idea in a magazine involving paint chart strips so I picked up a few on my travels and made some. They looked naff. So I cut the paint strips lengthwise, made rings of them and created  a paper chain with them. Friends who saw them gave me the clear impression they also thought these were naff too. So, here am I today, trying to tidy up for Christmas and I come across the few of these charts I have left. About to throw them in the bin I stop.... because last week, Jane posted about some little gift boxes her friend made for her and I made a couple and thought it was a great idea to mentally 'park' for the future... but it suddenly occurred to me this morning that if I made some small boxes with the strips they might look like Christmas trees.... well, ta da! here they are, small but perfectly formed and ready to put on a tree as an eco friendly (i.e. free) idea. Jane had chocolates in hers but I'm afraid these might only hold a few Smarties or a malteser or two but it's the thought that counts... right? Thank you Jane for passing on a fab idea.

Thanks also to  you all for your comments on the last post and all of my ramblings throughout the year. I appreciate all of them and wish you all every best wish for the season. Merry Christmas! God Bless us, every one!

8 comments:

Reading Tea Leaves said...

Lesley, it has been a joy coming over here and being amazed at your creativity. Hopefully some of it has rubbed off on me:-)

Have a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

Maybe one day our paths will cross in real life ...

Jeanne
xx

menopausalmusing said...

Awwwwwwwww.... a Smartie in a tree sounds pretty damned good to me, my friend. Happy Christmas.

Lyn said...

Merry Christmas xxx

Fiona Dempster said...

Simply stunning result and not in the slightest bit naff! Love it. I think a few smarties would do me fine - I got my Christmas pack yesterday! Best wishes for peace at Christmas, and a happy, safe and creative new year - I look forward to tagging along on your artistic adventures once more!

Gina said...

Merry Christmas! I think your little tree bags look very stylish and it's always a pleasure to come and read your blog Lesley.

Jill said...

Just chilling out here and enjoying a browse - love your little trees. Hope you're having an enjoyable day.

Joanna said...

Great little tree boxes, I can't imagine anything you make is naff!

xx

Anna said...

Your trees are such fun, simple and stylish.