Tuesday, 23 April 2013
Latest panel
I spent a great weekend making this panel. I am not keen on overly fussy stained glass and want to do more painting with other effects rather than cut lots of pieces and lead them up . I think Chris thinks I could have challenged myself a bit more but I am delighted with my end result. I cut lots of hexagon resists from contact paper and painted the positive and negative pieces before doing my little bee hive freehand and then firing them all in the kiln. As I finished a bit earlier than expected Chris made me a pine frame for the panel which I painted black yesterday. I nailed the backing beading to it this morning and with a couple of eye hooks it can be suspended in front of a window to enjoy.It's going in my shed to spur me on every time I look at it.
A trip to Bristol for family stuff later this week means I can go to the glass studio there and buy more glass. I have a few ideas I now want to work on and I like the square format but I intend to break up the panel I made a few weeks ago and re-lead it. My soldering skills have improved and I want to give it another go as I liked my samples and have not done them justice. I start a module of my Aberystwyth University course next week and the print exchange is on, with seven of us making a small edition print, so I have lots to do and enjoy.I also have a trip away planned for next week so it's busy, busy, busy. Bring it on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I'd be thrilled if I had made something like that Lesley - it's beautiful. Enjoy your trips away and best wishes for the print swaps and hope you will show us what people have done.
It so pretty and sunny Lesley I'm sure it will be a constant spur every time you look at it.
Wow, I think you may have found your 'thing' What a lovely panel. XX
This is great Lesley. What a brilliant way to combine your print style with a different medium. Lots of potential.
Like others Lesley I think this is so 'you' - you radiate out of it and it feels so right. I am also in awe of what you have achieved and hope you continue to do more - it is wonderful! Looking forward to the print exchange as well - enjoy your travels and trips.
I love this. What a beautiful thing you've made. The simplicity is deceptive, because I know that if I had this little panel to look through every day, I'd never tire of it.
What a lovely theme for this fabulous work, you must be very proud of yourself!Exciting new skills!
How did I miss this post when you first publish it? So glad I've found it now. Beautiful work, full of joy.
Another one here who missed this post! My goodness Lesley, but your style suits being applied to glass.
Post a Comment