London in 1927 from
Tim Sparke on
Vimeo.
I came across this the other day and bookmarked it. All I remember is that it is the work of Claude Friese-Greene and that it has been picked up by Stephen Fry and Kevin Spacey, whose tweets have helped it go viral. I'm not in the same league and don't tweet but it is a glorious film and I'm happy to introduce a few more viewers to it.
6 comments:
I loved it!
I loved it! I saw it a couple of weeks ago in the little newsletter sent out by the late Roger Ebert's office.
Cheers,
Jo
It's amazing isn't it?! I saw it a few weeks ago too, and was blown away by it.
xx
That was fascinating. The year my Dad was born.
We do like to think that the past is that colour. What a lovely film, thankyou. X
Brilliant piece of archival film Lesley. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment