I was going at some point to do a post about all the prints received for the print exchange but a quick look at Gina's blog today shows that she's beaten me to it, so, unless you live in Australia and are still waiting for the postman (yes, Fiona, I mean you!), please have a look at the completed set. They are all so different but a great collection to have.
Initially I thought I'd keep all the prints in a dedicated box but let me share what John sent with his print and how it changed my thinking. Firstly, I had a big smile when I opened his package as I'd laughingly dubbed us 'the magnificent seven' in one of my e mails and he had found this very kitsch album cover to protect his print in the post. I did wonder which one I was.........
He kindly also included a piece of bookcloth in my package on which he'd printed a mini print exchange label so I had to make a book with it to store them in for posterity didn't I?
And it seemed only fair that his print should be the first one in the book too....
Now they are all bound up and can be viewed in their entirety anytime I want to. So many processes and ideas contained in one volume, which have generated lots of ideas for prints in my head. At the risk of repeating myself....thanks again everyone. It's been fun and I am delighted with my book of prints.
6 comments:
Oh WOW! That print is amazing, just amazing!! Love love love it. I'd love to go to this beach and see these Antony Gormley sculptures 'in the flesh'.
x
love the book you made for your prints too!
Sorry I beat you to it... I feel a bit bad now.
I love the way you have displayed them Lesley. John's gift makes a perfect cover.
Wow! Great book you now have.
Well I can't leave them in a folder anymore after seeing this. I think I feel another book coming on.
Saw the complete set on Gina's blog, but what a charming keepsake the book makes Lesley. They make a wonderful collection.
A lovely way of keeping and storing your prints. This has been a very successful project.
Post a Comment