Sunday, 15 March 2009

Can't stop buying remnants.....

I don't know where this urge to keep sewing is coming from! After ignoring my sewing machine for so long I can't believe how much I love using it at the moment. Yesterday, I bought a couple of 'Bags of Bits' for £1 each in our local department store in Tenby as well as a couple of metres of glazed cotton remnants for a similar amount. When I got them home and had a good look I found the 'bits' were bigger than I expected and in my two bags I had enough of certain patterns and fabrics to conjure up a couple of tote bags.
I cut them out last night and have just sewn the two together this afternoon after popping down the local market this morning to get some cotton. I may be doing things 'on the cheap' but I cannot bear it if the cotton does not match the finished product. I had to do some joining but I am really pleased to get two bags for less than a £1 each and I still have loads of fabric in the 'bag of bits' to do something else with. Admittedly, I have used the best patterns in the bags but I shall try and be equally as creative with the rest of it.
Now I'm itching to get on with a few more bag ideas I have in mind. So many ideas and not enough hours in the day to make them reality. My etching press will arrive soon and then I'll probably abandon the sewing for the seduction of printmaking, my first love... so I'd better get on with sorting those remnants.....

No comments: