Wednesday, 25 March 2009

Work in progress... well, sort of

In the past couple of weeks I have been sewing like a maniac, using up all those remnants. I set myself a challenge to use them effectively and I have definitely been a woman 'on a mission'. This little bag was made from a pattern found here It is made from a small piece of silk sourced in a charity shop for a couple of pounds.



It went together really well but was a lot smaller than I initially thought it was going to be. I used a chartreuse green silk lining and magnetic fasteners and it will make a sweet gift for someone with more style than I can carry off. It is called a Buttercup Bag and there is a Flickr group from others who have made it. Elsewhere, I've been cracking on with the tote bags and have now made fourteen. I've still got a few remnants to use so will continue to sew them in readiness for next week when I will be selling them to raise funds for Breast Cancer Care.

I also found this pattern for a Morning Snack Scarf. People are so generous on line with their talent and I just wanted to do some knitting to get me in the mood for a larger project I have found using a Rowan pattern. I am in the process of spinning a Bluefaced Leicester and Silk mix for a jacket but had this very small skein of Black Wensleydale that I spun last year. It was a little bit of fibre left over from a workshop that a friend and I ran for the Weavers, Spinners and Dyers, felting and spinning rare breeds fleece. It is very fine and the bamboo needles are a trifle long but never mind. Needs must. It is a simple but effective pattern and great fun to do.


Just messing about with the photos and came up with this negative version of one I took. It gives me an idea for a print.........so many ideas and not enough time......







No comments: