Saturday, 7 March 2009

Time to get baking

These little books are part of a collection I have picked up in my usual trawl around the charity shops and small second hand book stores. I don't know what appeals to me about this particular period. Maybe it's the graphics and colours. My favourite is the Entertaining with Stork booklet - just love that hat she is wearing.







All of these were published, probably in the 60's by the Stork Cookery Service. It must have been a time when there was more home baking done than today. Being a bit of a domestic goddess myself (..in my dreams) I enjoy making cakes but my husband is cutting down on sweet things so my tins will shortly become rusty. Perhaps I can find a recipe in the above to tempt him - Honey Orange Cake perhaps - or Meringue Pyramid Pudding.... or Honey Chocolate Buns.... or Hot Apple Tea Bread.....



No comments: