
My friends think I am mad because I get up at 5.30 to see my husband off to work, but I have always been a serial 'early riser' and believe it to be the best part of the day. If you get going early, you can achieve such a lot if you want to.
My 'to do' list today included the weekly shop and I usually like to be in and out just after they open their doors but it was such a glorious morning I detoured beforehand to Abereiddi to walk and enjoy the early morning weather. I arrived about 7.15 and there was no-one to be seen so I had this wonderful place all to myself.

The Blue Lagoon at Abereiddi is the site of old quarrying and mining activity. Not obvious today, it's waters are usually a deep milky turquoise blue, the result of slate and other materials settled down in its depths. The days of industry are long gone and Abereiddi is now a great place to walk the coastal path over to Porthgain, another remnant of Pembrokeshire's industrial past. I didn't go that far today though. There was a brisk breeze, it was wonderfully 'fresh' and I just enjoyed the peace and quiet.



The coastal path and rocks were covered in thrift. What a wonderful way to start the day. Fingers crossed for a beautiful summer so that I can do it more often!
No comments:
Post a Comment